With the Open throws and jumps competitions over the past fortnight having set the tone, in terms of meeting the qualifying norms for the international events later this year, the country’s top athletes have this chance to showcase their skills at the first leg of the Indian Grand Prix on Sunday.
The event at the Chandrasekharan Nair stadium will also bring to the fore the track athletes for the first time this season, as Hima Das and Mohammed Anas are among the prominent national campers who will make it to the start.
The National record holder in 400m, Hima Das according to the list of participants, released on Saturday will, however, be seen in action in only the women’s 200m, while Anas has been entered in his pet event – the men’s 400m.
What could also be interesting is the man and women athletes in action in the long jump pit, as Ancy Sojan, would come under focus. She has already qualified for both the Commonwealth Games and the Asian Games and as such, much would be expected from her as to whether she would be able to go beyond the distances covered in the Open jumps event.
- Champions League 2023-24: Immobile double earns Lazio 2-0 win over Celtic
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Toss updates; Mumbai vs Pondicherry, TN faces Baroda; Bengal meets MP
- Champions League 2023-24: Atletico beats Feyenoord 3-1 to reach knockouts
- Champions League 2023-24: Last-gasp Mbappe penalty earns PSG 1-1 draw with Newcastle
- Champions League 2023-24: Manchester City claims top spot after recovering to beat Leipzig 3-2