Railways team walked away with the overall title with 220 points in its kitty as the National Open Athletics Championships ended here on Sunday.
The men’s team title went to Services with 175 points, while the women’s trophy was claimed by the Railways with 156 points.
Services’ javelin thrower Manu DP was declared the best male athlete with 1127 points, while Yamuna Ladkat of Maharashtra was named the best female athlete of the meet. She had 1128 points.
On his way to winning the gold medal, Manu improved his own meet record. His best throw was 82.06m, which was better than the previous meet record of 81.23m set last year.
Tamil Nadu also bettered the meet record on the way to winning the gold medal in the men’s 4x100m relay, clocking 39.42 seconds. The previous meet record was 39.75 seconds set last year by the Railways. Odisha clocked 39.74 seconds to win silver.
Railways women’s 4x100m relay team won the gold medal with a time of 44.87 seconds, which was better than the previous meet record of 44.98 seconds.
- ISL 2023-24: Punjab brushes Hyderabad FC aside, continues winning streak after resumption of season
- RCBW vs GGW WPL 2024 Live Score Updates: Smriti falls, RCB needs 108 runs to win vs GG, Live Streaming Info
- ISL 2023-24: FC Goa files complaint after Mumbai City analyst caught spying at training session
- Premier League: Brighton suffers blow as Mitoma likely to miss rest of season with injury
- I want to be a world champion some day: Anmol Kharb after Asian Badminton Team Championships triumph