He had broken the national record a few times and had qualified for next week's World Athletics Championships in the 400m category but strangely, the Athletics Federation of India has not entered Muhammed Anas in the individual event.
His name figures only in the 4x400m relays, men and mixed, according to the provisional entry list for the Doha Worlds released by the world body IAAF on Thursday.
The top class field at the Worlds would have offered Anas a wonderful chance to qualify for next year's Tokyo Olympics. He had achieved the qualification standard (45.30s) by clocking 45.21s at Kladno, Czech Republic, in July.
Surprisingly, A. Dharun's name figures in the 400m hurdles (apart from the relay) though he is far away from his best after suffering a shin bone stress fracture a few months ago.
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates: Esha bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold, Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; India 5th with 22 medals
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Marsh, Warner attack in PowerPlay after Australia opts to bat vs India
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India wins gold, silver in shooting team event; Moves on 5th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah into deciding game
- Shooting LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold