- May 05, 2023 23:31When could Neeraj be in action next in Diamond League?
The next Diamond League meeting is in Rabat, Morocco on May 28. However, the next men’s javelin throw event of the series will take place in Lausanne on June 30.
- May 05, 2023 23:26REPORT
- May 05, 2023 23:25Final standings
1. Neeraj Chopra (IND) - 88.67m
2. Jakub Vadlejch (CZE) - 88.63m
3. Anderson Peters (GRE) - 85.88m
4. Julian Weber (GER) - 82.62m
5. Andrian Mardare (MDA) - 81.67m
6. Keshorn Walcott (TTO) - 81.27m
7. Roderick Genki Dean (JPN) - 79.44m
8. Curtis Thompson (USA) - 74.13m
- May 05, 2023 23:11Neeraj wins!
The Indian begins the final round with 86.52m throw! No improvement for Vadlejch - 84.76m. Final throw. Anderson Peters. And he finishes with 81.93m. Neeraj Chopra begins the 2023 season by winning the Diamond League meeting in Doha!
- May 05, 2023 23:04Neeraj with 84.37m throw in fifth round
Neeraj opens the penultimate round with a below-85m throw. Vadlejch with another big throw - 88.47m. Anderson Peters with 82.22m throw on his fifth attempt. Weber fails to cross 80 again - 79.52m. Mardare with his third consecutive foul. Walcott decides to skip this attempt. Dean’s fifth attempt - 78.85m. Johnson too skips the fifth round. So, that’s it. We have our top-three for the final round - Neeraj Chopra, Anderson Peters and Jakub Vadlejch.
- May 05, 2023 22:54Neeraj fouls!
The Indian begins the fourth round with a foul. And so does Jakub. This could make things interesting. Opportunity for Peters? Well, the man from Grenada fails to make the most of it this time as he too fouls his fourth throw. First clean throw of the fourth round comes from Germany’s Weber - 78.57m. Moldova’s Andrian Mardare too fouls. Trinidad and Tobago’s Keshorn Walcott - 74.34m. Japan’s Roderick Genki Dean - 74.08m. Curtis Thompson of USA with final throw of the fourth round - 71.71m
- May 05, 2023 22:41Neeraj stays on top after third round
Neeraj registers 85.47m throw on his third attempt. Peters with 83.69m and Jakub with 86.64m. The Indian stays on top at the halfway stage. Finland’s Oliver Helander and Kenya’s Julius Yego are out of the competition as they fail to register a single throw and hence, do not make the top-eight.
- May 05, 2023 22:33Neeraj with another powerful throw in second round
Neeraj registers 86.04m throw on his second attempt. Peters with 83.68m. However, Vadlejch moves into second position with a massive effort of 88.63m, just 4cm behind Neeraj.
- May 05, 2023 22:27Neeraj leads after first round
At the end of the opening round, defending champion Neeraj leads with 88.67m. Peters is second with 85.88m while Czech Republic’s Jakub Vadlejch is third with 85.51m.
- May 05, 2023 22:18NEERAJ CHOPRA WITH THE WORLD-LEADING THROW
Olympic and Diamond League champion Neeraj Chopra begins his 2023 season with a bang! The Indian registers a throw of 88.67m in his first attempt.
- May 05, 2023 22:17Anderson Peters begins the show!
World champion Anderson Peters starts with 85.88m.
- May 05, 2023 22:10Time for live action!
The men’s javelin event in Doha is about to begin.
- May 05, 2023 22:05Meeting Record
Neeraj is appearing in his first-ever Doha Diamond League. Germany’s Thomas Rohler holds the meeting record (93.90m) set in 2017 while this year’s best effort (88.38m) globally has been produced by Czech Republic’s Jakub Vadlejch.
- May 05, 2023 21:55Could Neeraj make history tonight?
Neeraj Chopra holds the National Record - 89.94m set at the Stockholm Diamond League last year. Can he go past the gold standard of 90m tonight?
“It’s always good when you have big competitors. This is my first competition for the season. Jakub Vadlejch already threw 88.38 in Potchefstroom. Tomorrow will be great competition in Javelin Throw and also the most important thing, Doha is famous for 90m throws. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a great result.” - Neeraj in the pre-event press conference.
- May 05, 2023 21:48Update from men’s triple jump event
India’s Eldhose Paul, on his Diamond League debut, finishes 10th with a best effort of 15.84m
- May 05, 2023 21:42When will men’s javelin throw event begin?
The men’s javelin throw competition will begin at 10:14PM IST and will be broadcast on Sports18 and live streamed on JioCinema app/website.
- May 05, 2023 17:09PREVIEW
Neeraj Chopra, reigning Olympic and Diamond League champion in men’s javelin throw, begins his 2023 season at the Diamond League meet in Doha tonight.
The field also features current world champion Anderson Peters from Grenada and Czech Republic’s Jakub Vadlejch, who won silver medal at Tokyo Olympics and is the world leader this season with 88.38m.
Japan’s Roderick Genki Dean, Finland’s Oliver Helander, Moldova’s Andrian Maldare, USA’s Curtis Thompson, Trinidad and Tobago’s Keshorn Walcott, Germany’s Julian Weber and Kenya’s Julius Yego are the other athletes in men’s javelin throw event in the Qatari capital.
- Leander Paes: International Tennis Hall of Fame nomination belongs to everybody who has supported me in my journey
- Asian Games 2023, September 29, Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Saketh- Ramkumar in men’s doubles final in tennis; India vs Thailand in badminton women’s quarters; shooting results
- Improving Atletico Madrid is 5th in the La Liga with 2-0 win at Osasuna
- Asian Games Shooting LIVE score, Hangzhou 2023 updates: Men’s 50m rifle 3P, women’s 10m air pistol qualifications underway; Full schedule, streaming info
- In which athletics events is National Record of India better than Asian Games Record?