South Korea's Hyeon Chung has confirmed his presence for the second edition of Tata Open Maharashtra, an ATP 250 event which will be played at the Mhalunge Balewadi Stadium in Pune from December 29 to January 5.
The 22-year old from South Korea reached the semifinals of the 2018 Australian Open after defeating Novak Djokovic in the Alexander Zverev in the previous rounds. He had to retire from his match against Roger Federer due to blisters.
Tata Open Maharashtra Tournament Director Prashant Sutar said he was excited to sign the Korean as one of the first players for the event.
“Chung is one of the most exciting talents in tennis today. His consistent run across various tour events, including Australian Open, since winning the inaugural Next Gen ATP Tour Finals last year has makes him a player to watch out for this time at Tata Open Maharashtra,” said Sutar. He won the inaugural ATP Next Gen Championships in Milan last November.
- Indian sports wrap, February 23
- PVL 2024: Aponza’s efforts go in vain as Calicut Heroes beat Delhi Toofans in straight sets
- MI vs DC Live Score, WPL 2024: Capsey blitz helps Delhi Capitals set 172-run target for Mumbai Indians
- IOC says there will be no compromise if Milan-Cortina Olympics bobsled track is not ready by March 2025
- Pune Challenger 2024: Niki Poonacha loses to Dane Sweeny in a thriller, Mukund Sasikumar gives walkover