The Odisha government on Friday approved the setting up of a Badminton High-Performance Centre here, to be built for Rs 30 crore.
“I am sure the High-Performance Centre will be one of the top international standard training centres of our country. The state government has provided three acres of land for the centre,” Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said.
With support from Dalmia Bharat Group, the state government is constructing a multi-purpose indoor hall inside the Kalinga Stadium campus, which will be ready by February 2020.
“Promotion of sports by industrial houses is a winning combination. My government will always encourage such initiatives for the cause of sports in Odisha,” the chief minister said.
- Asian Games 2023 Athletics Day 2: Toor, Sable strike gold; Jyothi overcomes false start controversy, veterans stamp their class
- Shreyas Iyer origin story: From Shivaji Park Gymkhana to World Cup via a fulfilling dinner
- ISL 2023-24: Luna goal gives Kerala Blasters 1-0 win against Jamshedpur FC
- Fleetwood secures Ryder Cup for Europe after American fightback
- 2023 ODI World Cup venues: MCA Stadium, Pune — capacity, entry points, pitch info and all you need to know