Pusarla Venkata Sindhu says it was a fantastic feeling to complete a hat-trick of wins when she clinched the honours in the Macau Open for the third time on Sunday.
“There is no doubt that I badly needed this win having had a disappointing year so far. In that context, I am glad that I won the title,” Sindhu told The Hindu.
“It did not require any changes in my game as such for this event. All I tried was to stay focussed and minimise on unforced errors,” Sindhu said to query.
“The best part of this win is I was engaged in long rallies right through which also suggested that I am back to peak in terms of fitness too,” she said.
“I was definitely confident of winning this having won the two previous editions. But again, you had to be at your best to win it and this is why I am happy that my game fell in place right through the event,” Sindhu pointed out.
“This is an important win when I look ahead as the next big assignment is the Indonesian Open,” she said.
“I was not feeling any pressure at all as I knew that I was playing well, though I was not winning titles,” Sindhu remarked.
“Well, it is always important to win a major title and I am glad to win this year-end and am hoping to do well in the Indonesian Open too,” Sindhu commented.
“And, I dedicate this win to my coach (Gopichand) and to my parents for supporting me even when things were not going my way,” Sindhu concluded.
- World Cup 2023: Pakistan vs New Zealand warm-up match to be played behind closed doors
- AFC Cup: Mohun Bagan beats Odisha FC 4-0, begins campaign in style
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan SG AFC Cup HIGHLIGHTS: OFC 0-4 MBSG, Dimitri scores brace as Mariners demolish Juggernauts
- Why was Ravichandran Ashwin picked in ODI team despite not playing the format since Jan 2022
- Asian Games 2023, September 20: Indians in Action, schedule, events, LIVE streaming details, timings in IST