FIBA has set the dates for the next Basketball World Cup, announcing on Monday that the 2023 event will take place from August 25 through September 10 of that year.
Group games will be played in Indonesia, Japan and the Philippines. The final phase, including the medal games, will be played in Manila.
It will be the first time that the World Cup, formerly called the world championships, will be played across multiple countries.
Pre-qualifying games for the 2023 World Cup started in February. FIBA plans to have the qualifying field down to 80 teams by November 2021, and those nations will be pared down to the 32 World Cup-bound teams by February 2023.
Spain is the defending champion, beating Argentina for the title in Beijing last August.
- Bahrain Grand Prix: F1 champion Verstappen of Red Bull on pole for season-opener
- Ranji Trophy semifinal: Chandrakant Pandit eyes victory against former side as Vidarbha, Madhya Pradesh face off
- German Open 2024: Jolly-Gayatri bow out of quarterfinals, lose to Chinese pair of Jing-Min
- Mohun Bagan vs Jamshedpur FC highlights, MBSG 3-0 JFC, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku, Cummings, Petratos goals guide Mariners to comfortable win
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant cruises to win against Jamshedpur FC