It was a glittery evening at the NSCI Dome on Saturday as the bigwigs of Indians sports and Bollywood gathered to cheer for the NBA stars as Sacramento Kings took on Indiana Pacers in their second and final match of the India tour.
With Union sports minister, Kiren Rijiju, sporting icons Leander Paes and Satnam Singh, and Bollywood actors Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Parineeti Chopra and Farhan Akhtar in attendance, the cagers, too, ensured that the guests had a memorable experience.
Displaying yet another sublime performance, Pacers cruised to a 130-106 triumph over the Kings t finish its India tour on a high.
After a come-from-behind win against the Kings in its last outing, the Pacers oozed confidence as it smartly bounced back into the game despite conceding a 25-30 lead in the first quarter.
With JaKarr Sampson scoring 15 points, the Pacers rode on a few two-pointers to take make it 46-29 in its favour at the end of the second quarter. That did set the tone for the game.
Even though Kings tried its best to bounce back, the Pacers stopped its opponent from scripting a turnaround, and clinched the third quarter 25-20. With a lead of 17 points, Pacers looked calm and composed as it hit the court for the final quarter. Anticipating a last-minute fight back from the Kings, the Pacers tightened the noose further. It was smooth sailing in the end for the Pacers as it won the fourth quarter 34-27, and with it the match.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures