Bhagyabati Kachari (75kg) advanced to the semifinals at the Thailand International in Bangkok on Tuesday, assuring India of a bronze medal.
Bhagyabati, who had won a gold at the India Open earlier this year, defeated Vietnam’s Nguyen Huong 5-0 to make the medal rounds.
In the men’s draw, Ashish Kumar (69kg) entered the quarterfinals. He eased past Croat Petar Cetinic 5-0 in his pre-quarterfinal bout.
In the last Indian bout of the day, Mohammed Hussamuddin (56kg), the Commonwealth Games bronze-medallist, also advanced to the quarterfinals. He defeated Botswana’s George Molwantwa 5-0.
On Monday, Asian Championships silver-medallist Deepak Singh (49kg) and former junior world champion Nikhat Zareen (51kg) were among seven Indian boxers to enter the quarterfinals.
Former India Open gold-medallist Manisha Moun (57kg), Asian Championships silver medallist Ashish Kumar (75kg), Strandja Cup silver-medallist Manju Rani (48kg) and India Open silver medallist Brijesh Yadav (81kg) were the other five Indian quarterfinalists.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 Auction, LIVE Updates: Full list of players, new buys, team news, remaining purse in Women’s Premier League Season 2
- PKL LIVE Score, Bengaluru Bulls vs Haryana Steelers: Saurabh’s Bulls faces Mohit’s Steelers, UP Yoddhas vs Telugu Titans at 9; H2H, when, where to watch Pro Kabaddi League 2023?
- WPL Auction 2024 updates: Full list of sold, unsold players; purse remaining; team news; Kashvee Gautam goes to GG for 2 crore
- Paris Olympics: Kyiv says IOC allowing Russian athletes is ‘encouraging’ war in Ukraine
- India vs England 2nd Women’s T20 Live Score: IND-W vs ENG-W Preview, live streaming info; Toss at 6:30 PM