- Vijender Singh won his 13th pro boxing bout against Eliasu Sulley by KO.
- Faizan Anwar KOed Sachin Nautiyal in the welterweight category.
- Gurpreet Singh defeated Shaikhom Rebaldo by an unanimous decision 3-0 in the lightweight category.
- Karthik Satish Kumar thrashed Ashish Sharma by an unanimous decision 3-0 in the lightweight category.
- Asad Asif Khan boxed his way against Amey Nitin to win by an unanimous decision 3-0 in the featherweight category.
Welcome to Sportstar’s HIGHLIGHTS of Vijender Singh’s bout against Eliasu Sulley in ‘The Jungle Rumble’ held at the Babir Juneja Stadium in Raipur.
Vijender Singh- “My team is here. It’s good to be back. We start our season with a victory. It wasn’t easy to fight against (Sulley). Will return to the gym in a week and will fight again in December or January”
HERE COMES VIJENDER SINGH- THE MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING!
- ROUND TWO- A brilliant uppercut by Singh gets the straight lead. Sulley falls down twice, but is unable to escape Singh’s attacks and the referee begins countdown as Sulley is unable to stand properly. SINGH WINS BY KO! HE DEFEATS SULLEY! AS THE ANNOUNCER READS HIS NAME, VANDE MATARAM IS PLAYED IN THE BACKGROUND!
- ROUND ONE- The match starts. Singh goes for an upper cut and straight jab. The Indian goes in for combinations, as he makes use of his long hands by staying away. Both the boxers just test each other in the first round as they play defensive. Singh lands better blows after the first round.
- The African from Ghana Eliasu Sulley enters the ring.
- Vijender Singh enters the boxing arena!
NEXT COMES VIJENDER SINGH FROM INDIA, WHO WILL BE FACING ELIASU SULLEY IN THE SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT CATEGORY!
UPDATE (Fight 4): Faizan Anwar KOed Sachin Nautiyal in the welterweight category.
UPDATE (Fight 3): Gurpreet Singh defeats Shaikhom Rebaldo by an unanimous decision 3-0 in the lightweight category.
UPDATE (Fight 2): Karthik Satish Kumar defeats Ashish Sharma by an unanimous decision 3-0 in the lightweight category.
UPDATE (Fight 1): Asad Asif Khan defeats Amey Nitin by an unanimous decision 3-0 in the featherweight category.
Jungle Rumble Schedule
Fight 5 Super Middleweight
Fight 4 Welterweight
Fight 3 Lightweight
Fight 2 Lightweight
Fight 1 Featherweight
Who is Vijender Singh fighting on Wednesday, August 17?
Vijender Singh will face Ghanain boxer Eliasu Sulley in ‘The Jungle Rumble’. Sulley, the reigning national West Africa Boxing Union Champion, has a 100 percent knockout record in the eight bouts he has competed in. Vijender flew down from Manchester, where he trains, to India on August 8.
When, where and how to watch Vijender Singh’s bout live?
Vijender Singh’s fight will be shown live at 8:30PM IST on Sports18 Khel and is available for live streaming on Voot.
Where will Vijender Singh’s bout be held?
Vijender Singh’s bout will be held at the Babir Juneja Stadium in Raipur. It is the first professional fight to be held in the city.
When did Vijender Singh fight last?
Vijender Singh’s last fight was against Artysh Lopsan in March, 2021. It was in this bout that he tasted his first defeat of his professional career.
What Vijender Singh said...
Looking forward to the fight, Vijender said, “I’m really looking forward to this fight, I have been training extensively for this and it will be the perfect opportunity and place to get back into my winning ways. There was a tiny blip in the last fight but I am gearing up with my team to defeat Eliasu Sulley, and I cannot wait to get in the ring.”
Who are the other competitors in ‘The Jungle Rumble’?
Organised by Purple Goat Sportstainment LLP, the ‘Jungle Rumble’ will also see Faizan Anwar, Sachin Nautiyal, Karthik Satish Kumar, Ashish Sharma, Gurpreet Singh and Shaikhom Rebaldo in action as the undercard fights.
- Ben Stokes undergoes knee surgery ahead of India tour
- France 2030, Salt Lake City 2034 picked as preferred winter Olympics bids by IOC
- VIDEO: Tushar Shelke wins National Archery men’s title, hopes for Olympic glory
- ISL 2023-24 Stats: Diamantakos storms into Golden Boot race, Luna tops assists’ list
- IND A vs ENG A Women, 1st T20: Kashvee, Shreyanka prove their mettle as India pips England by three runs