P. Harikrishna proved his superiority over Germany’s Alexander Donchenko in 50 moves and emerged as the only winner of the 12th round of Tata Steel Masters chess tournament at Wijk aan Zee in the Netherlands.
Saturday’s victory took Harikrishna’s tally to six points and placed him in tied-seventh place in the 14-man field.
With a round to go, Anish Giri continued to lead with 8 points, half a point ahead of Fabiano Caruana, Alireza Firouzja and Jorden van Foreest.
- Humble beginnings, big dreams: Vrinda Dinesh’s journey to the WPL
- Coach Jurcevic ends short-lived role with Lebanon a month before Asian Cup
- Despite injuries, Barca has enough depth to last the whole league: Luis Garcia
- Muriel’s last-gasp strike gives Atalanta 3-2 home win over Milan
- Leipzig beats 10-man Dortmund 3-2 in battle for fourth spot