Mumbai wicketkeeper Aditya Tare scripted a new national record for registering the most number of victims (catches and stumpings) in a Ranji Trophy season as he took his tally to 50 at the Holkar Stadium here on Wednesday.
Tare, who is leading Mumbai against Gujarat in the ongoing Ranji Trophy 2016-17 final, started the match with 47 and added three more — taking catches to dismisses Priyank Panchal, Bhargav Merai and Parthiv Patel. However, hHe dropped Chirag Gandhi.
Last year, he had a tally of 48 victims.
Tare, following an exchange with the on-field umpire, Anil Chaudhary, in connection with the dismissal of Siddhesh Lad, was called for a disciplinary hearing on Tuesday.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer