Afghanistan names ex-Pakistan players Younis, Gul as consultantsAfghanistan has appointed former Pakistan players Younis Khan and Umar Gul as batting and bowling consultants respectively for its training camp in the United Arab Emirates, the country's cricket board (ACB) said.
Former captain Younis retired from international cricket in 2017 and later took up coaching, working briefly as the batting coach of Pakistan.
Gul retired in 2020 before taking up a bowling coach role with Pakistan Super League team Quetta Gladiators the following year.
"Younis Khan and Omar Gul have rich experience of international cricket and I am sure they will help our boys overcome the concerns they have got in the batting and bowling departments," said Naseeb Khan, CEO of ACB.
On Tuesday, the board appointed former England batsman Graham Thorpe as their head coach, replacing South African Lance Klusener.
Afghanistan is training in the UAE to prepare for its upcoming international matches.
- Green snatches World Championship with dramatic birdie on final hole
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 2 Semifinal 2024: Shardul knock helps Mumbai lead cross 100; Mantri scores century vs Vidarbha
- Will Pucovski suffers concussion after taking blow on head
- NBA roundup: LeBron James hits milestone, but Nuggets win
- De Minaur sinks Ruud to retain Mexican Open crown