Bowling all-rounder Karim Janat is in line to play his first One-Day International in six years following his inclusion on Sunday in the Afghanistan squad for Asia Cup 2023.
The 25-year-old played his lone one-dayer in Zimbabwe in 2017 and made his Test debut against Bangladesh in June this year.
Fellow all-rounder Sharafuddin Ashraf was also recalled in the 17-man squad while Wafadar Momand and Azmatullah Omarzai, part of the side which suffered a 3-0 series whitewash against Pakistan, were axed.
The Hashmatullah Shahidi-led squad begins its Asia Cup 2023 campaign against Bangladesh in Lahore on September 3.
More to follow...
- Ronaldo finds the net as Al Nassr cruises to 3-1 win against Al Wehda in Saudi Pro League
- Al Wehda vs Al Nassr highlights, WEH 1-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo, Alamri, Telles goals guide Nassr to win
- ATP Finals 2023: From Djokovic to Alcaraz, meet the eight finalists
- Ghana striker Raphael Dwamena dies at 28 after suffering a cardiac arrest mid-game
- IND vs NED, World Cup 2023: The sounds of watching Shubman Gill bat