Queensland wicketkeeper Jimmy Peirson will join the Australia squad in the leadup to the second Ashes Test at Lord’s in place of Josh Inglis who will return home for the birth of his first child, the team said on Friday.
The uncapped Peirson, who was in the Australia ‘A’ side which toured in New Zealand earlier this year, trained with Test squad members in Brisbane last week.
He will be back-up for Australia’s regular wicketkeeper Alex Carey until Inglis returns to the squad for the rest of the five-Test series against England.
Australia holds the urn after winning the last Ashes 4-0 at home in 2021-22.
- Indian sports wrap, February 23
- WPL 2024 MI vs DC Live Score: Nat Sciver-Brunt removes Meg Lanning; Jemimah, Capsey look to steady innings
- Janneke Schopman resigns as India women’s hockey team head coach
- BWF Para Badminton World Championship 2024: Bhagat, Kadam reach semifinals
- WPL 2024 Opening Ceremony highlights: SRK steals the show, captains unveil trophy in star-studded evening