Queensland wicketkeeper Jimmy Peirson will join the Australia squad in the leadup to the second Ashes Test at Lord’s in place of Josh Inglis who will return home for the birth of his first child, the team said on Friday.
The uncapped Peirson, who was in the Australia ‘A’ side which toured in New Zealand earlier this year, trained with Test squad members in Brisbane last week.
He will be back-up for Australia’s regular wicketkeeper Alex Carey until Inglis returns to the squad for the rest of the five-Test series against England.
Australia holds the urn after winning the last Ashes 4-0 at home in 2021-22.
Latest on Sportstar
- Jabeur overcomes slow start to reach French Open fourth round
- Cerundolo downs Fritz to reach second week of slam for first time
- Nuggets coach says ‘We haven’t done a damn thing’ in NBA Finals
- Haddad Maia becomes first Brazilian woman to reach French Open last 16 in 44 years
- Fan arrested for ‘97’ slogan on shirt