Pakistan suffered its heaviest-ever defeat in One Day Internationals (ODIs) against arch-rival India in the Asia Cup Super 4 clash at the R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo on Monday.
India registered a 228-run win, powered by Kuldeep Yadav’s five-wicket haul, to kick-off its
The loss surpasses Pakistan’s previous biggest loss vs India by runs in ODIs - by 140 runs in 2008 at Mirpur when it got bowled out for 190 while chasing a 331-run target.
India’s wins by big margins vs Pakistan
2023 - 228 runs, Asia Cup at Colombo
2008 - 140 runs, Kitply Cup at Mirpur
2017 - 124 runs, ICC Champions Trophy at Birmingham
This was also Pakistan’s second biggest loss in the one-day format by runs.
Pakistan’s biggest losses in ODIs
2009 - 234 runs vs Sri Lanka at Lahore
2023 - 228 runs vs India at Colombo
2002 - 224 runs vs Australia at Nairobi
- NBA 2023 Roundup: Nikola Jokic scores 35 as Nuggets beat Warriors in thriller
- New Zealand vs Sri Lanka Score LIVE, World Cup 2023: Rain threat looms in Bengaluru; NZ vs SL updates
- Asian Archery C’Ships: Parneet defeats Jyothi to clinch title; India’s compound mixed, women’s team win gold
- BCCI felicitates Test captains before start of 500th Test
- NZ vs SL head-to-head record in ODIs: New Zealand vs Sri Lanka overall stats ahead of ICC World Cup 2023 match