Australia named its strongest possible team ahead of its tour opening match against South Africa A starting at Willowmoore Park on Thursday.
The only likely member of its Test starting eleven missing from the warm-up match is opening batsman David Warner, who was captaining Australia’s Twenty20 team in the final of a triangular tournament in Auckland, New Zealand, on Wednesday.
The South Africa A team includes five players with international experience.
The first of four Tests starts in Durban on March 1.
South Africa A: Khaya Zondo (captain), Theunis de Bruyn, Zubayr Hamza, Beuran Hendricks, Pieter Malan, Wiaan Mulder, Senuran Muthusamy, Duanne Olivier, Rudi Second (wkt), Malusi Siboto, Shaun von Berg
Australia: Steve Smith (captain), Usman Khawaja, Peter Handscomb, Shaun Marsh, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine (wkt), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood
Latest on Sportstar
- Guardiola puts City on red alert as United threaten treble bid in FA Cup final
- ‘Proud’ Mourinho leaves Roma fans fearing summer exit
- American Taylor Fritz shushes booing French Open crowd after he beats French player
- French Open 2023, Yuki-Saketh in men’s doubles second round: Preview, where to watch, streaming info
- French Open 2023, June 2 schedule: Djokovic, Alcaraz and Sabalenka play in third round