Bangladesh pace spearhead Taskin Ahmed has been ruled out of the opening ODI against India in Mirpur on December 4 due to a recurring back pain, chairman of selectors Minhazul Abedin said.
“Taskin is ruled out from the opening game of the ODIs as his back pain recurred,” BCB chief selector Minhajul told Cricbuzz on Thursday.
“We wil be seeing his progress before taking further decision regarding his participation,” he added.
Veteran opener Tamim Iqbal has sustained groin injury in the warm-up game at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadiuum in Mirpur on November 30.
“We are waiting for Tamim’s scan report. He had a groin injury and physician asked him to have a scan to take a decision about his availability,” said Minhajul.
- India vs Bangladesh Live streaming info, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: When and where to watch IND vs BAN match today?
- San Diego Open: Navarro upsets third-seeded Sakkari to reach semifinals
- India vs Bangladesh Live Toss Updates, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: Who will coin flip favour in IND v BAN?
- India vs Bangladesh Colombo weather LIVE updates, Asia Cup 2023: Rain chances reduce for last Super 4 IND v BAN game
- West Bengal government and La Liga enter MOU to develop football in state