Bhuvneshwar Kumar became the leading Indian wicket-taker in T20Is with his 84th wicket in the shortest format during India’s Asia Cup 2022 Super 4 match against Afghanistan in Dubai on Thursday.
Bhuvneshwar overtook Yuzvendra Chahal’s tally of 83 wickets and returned astounding figures of 5/4 from his four overs. Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan is the leading wicket-taker in T20Is with 122 wickets.
Bhuvneshwar also surpassed pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah to register the highest number of wickets taken by an Indian in T20Is in a calendar year.
The 32-year-old pacer completed 31 T20I wickets in 2022 during a sensational spell of bowling in the PowerPlay, surpassing Bumrah’s tally of 28 wickets in 2016.
Sandeep Lamichhane of Nepal holds the record for picking the most number of T20I wickets in a calendar year. He has taken 38 wickets in 18 matches this year.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 2: IND 211/7, trails by 142; Kuldeep, Jurel fight on
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 2 Updates: Musheer scores double century; TN takes lead vs Saurashtra
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan LIVE Score, OFC v MBSG, ISL 2023-24: Match updates, preview, streaming info and more
- Ivankovic appointed coach of Chinese men’s football team
- Abhay Singh storms into Goodfellow Classic squash final