India’s pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah says he feels most comfortable bowling with the Dukes ball, as it provides even competition in a game that is increasingly tilted in favour of batsmen.
Bumrah, during an interaction with Ian Bishop and Shaun Pollock on the ICC's video series Inside Out interviews, spoke on a range of issues, including how he developed an outswinger and the secret to his eight-step run-up.
“I love bowling with Dukes. It seams, it swings, so basically you have a little bit of help, otherwise it is difficult to be a fast bower with grounds getting shorter and wickets getting flatter,” Bumrah said during the interaction.
"So if the ball does something, it makes an even competition. If there is no help you have very few things to play with so it becomes a lot more difficult for a bowler. I enjoy bowling with the Duke ball more than any other ball.'
Asked how he developed his outswinger, Bumrah said it was a gradual process.
“I always want to bring new things. My different action, maybe once or twice people will be surprised, but they will find you out. So you need to improve and keep on evolving.
'I always had the outswinger, but when I came into the international set up I was not very confident of it because maybe it was not going out really well. The pace should be good, you should have the feel of it. I was trying to work on it, and in the West Indies, conditions were helpful, the ball was helpful so I was able to swing it," he said.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Rohit, Kohli, Kuldeep return as India looks to cleansweep Australia; toss at 1 PM
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles Round of 64, Mixed Doubles R-32 updates; Live action at 1:30pm IST
- Asian Games 2023: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol women’s final, Manu Bhaker finishes fifth
- Shooting LIVE SCORE Asian Games 2023: Sift wins gold with WR, Ashi bronze in 50m rifle 3P; Esha wins 25m women’s pistol silver; India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold- Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Sift Kaur Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new world record; India beats Singapore 13-0 in hockey, tennis results