Deepak Chahar became only the second Indian bowler after Ekta Bisht to clinch a hat-trick in T20 internationals as his six-wicket haul helped India beat Bangladesh by 30 runs on Sunday. With the victory at Nagpur, India won the three-match bilateral series 2-1.
Chahar recorded the best bowling figures in T20 International cricket, his 6 for 7 in 3.2 overs bettering Sri Lankan Ajantha Mendis's figures of 6 for 8 against Zimbabwe in 2012.
The pacer laid the foundation for his hat-trick by dismissing Shafiul Islam off the last ball in the 18th over. The dismissal was almost an action replay of his third wicket as he pitched it short and enticed the batsman to smash it out of the park with a horizontal bat shot. But the timing wasn't quite right as K.L Rahul caught him at long-off.
Chahar completed his hat-trick by removing Mustafizur Rahman and Aminul Islam off consecutive deliveries in the final over. By claiming Rahman's wicket, Chahar became the fourth bowler for India to take a five-wicket haul in T20Is.
ALSO READ | 3rd T20I- As it happened
Rahman tried to make room and slash the ball over point but could only end up hitting it straight into the hands of Shreyas Iyer at sweeper cover.
Chahar capped a memorable night off by castling Aminul Islam with a inswinging yorker.
Chasing 175 to win the series, the Bangladesh ship was first rocked by Chahar's twin strikes in the third over. He first removed Liton Das on the fourth ball of the over and then sent Soumya Sarkar packing for a first ball duck.
Chahar then provided India with the breakthrough by dismissing Mohammad Mithun in the 13th over, breaking the 98-run stand between Mithun and Mohammad Naim.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 4 Quarterfinal updates: MP beats Andhra by 4 runs; Vidarbha 196 all out; Kaverappa picks six
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: India records 17th consecutive series win at home
- IND vs ENG Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 4: Jurel, Gill take India to five-wicket win
- WTC 2023-25 Points Table Update: India extends lead at 2nd place after IND vs ENG 4th Test
- PKL 10: Patna Pirates defender Krishan Dhull gears up for playoff challenge against Dabang Delhi