Bihar thrashed Manipur by 220 runs in the Plate Group final of the Ranji Trophy at the Moin Ul Haq Stadium in Patna on Sunday.
Chasing a mammoth 549 to win, Manipur was bowled out for 324 with captain Langlonyamba M scoring 117 while Nawaz Khan picked up five for 95 after taking five for 82 in the first innings.
Sakibul Gani was declared Player-of-the-Match for his 205 off 238 balls in the first innings.
Bihar and Manipur, the two finallists of the Plate Group, will be promoted to the Elite division next season.
After opting to bat first, Bihar posted 532 in the first innings riding on a 322-run patnership between Gani and wicketkeeper Bipin Saurabh (155). In reply, Manipur scored 337 and conceded a 195-run first-innings lead. Prafullomani Singh top-scored with a brisk 77-ball 82 while Langlonyamba struck 50.
Bihar found another hero in the second innings in Sachin Kumar (132) while captain Ashutosh Aman (51) got a fifty as Bihar set Manipur an insurmountable target.
Latest on Sportstar
- ISSF Junior World Cup: Dhanush Srikanth wins gold in men’s 10m air rifle
- Norway Chess: Gukesh wins against Abdusattorov; stays in fourth spot
- Indian sports news wrap, June 5
- WATCH: WTC final 2023, India vs Australia - Key match-ups, ICC World Test Championship Final
- IPL trends - 200-plus totals, impact of Impact Player, and rise of Indian finishers