The inclusion of batsman Ajinkya Rahane and fast bowler Shardul Thakur will be a boost for Mumbai for its Ranji Trophy Group C tie against Odisha, to be played in Bhubaneswar from Wednesday.
Rahane had opted out of Mumbai's season-opener earlier this month before joining India's One-Day International (ODI) squad. The middle-order batsman is set to play the next two games, which will reduce the impact of Shreyas Iyer's absence due to his call-up to the Twenty20 squad . Rahane will thus play his first competitive game in over a month. His last appearance was during India's last ODI against Australia on October 1.
Thakur will also wear the Lion's crest for the first time this season, having missed the first two games due to his India and India A commitments. The fast bowler will team up with Dhawal Kulkarni in Mumbai’s third league game of the season.
The pace attack will have another shot in the arm with Tushar Deshpande’s return from injury. The pacer, who had an impressive debut season in 2016-17, has proven his match-fitness during the ongoing C. K. Nayudu Trophy game against Kerala in Wayanand.
- Aditya Tare (c, wk), Suryakumar Yadav, Akhil Herwadkar, Prithvi Shaw, Jay Bista, Ajinkya Rahane, Siddhesh Lad, Abhishek Nayar, Vijay Gohil, Dhawal Kulkarni, Akash Parkar, Royston Dias, Shardul Thakur, Tushar Deshpande, Aditya Dhumal, Sufiyan Shaikh (wk).
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Tamil Nadu beats Baroda; Mumbai, Saurashtra win; MP collapses v Bengal
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.