Batter Baba Indrajith will lead Tamil Nadu in the Ranji Trophy this season with left arm spinner R. Sai Kishore named as his deputy.
The squad, announced by the Tamil Nadu selectors on Friday, includes a few new faces - batter Affan Khader, spinner Ajith Ram and pace bowler Trilok Nag.
The experienced Vijay Shankar, who has been out of action for a while and missed both the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy and Vijay Hazare Trophy, has been included in the team.
Ajith Ram and Nag had done well in the matches against Bangladesh A recently and have been rewarded for their performances. Khader is the surprise pick in the team.
Tamil Nadu will miss the services of the aggressive batter M. Shahrukh Khan, who is out due to a knee injury.
India cricketers R. Ashwin and Washington Sundar will join the team upon their availability, TNCA (Tamil Nadu Cricket Association) honorary secretary R. I. Palani said in a press release here.
TN will play its first match against Hyderabad (away) from December 13, followed by games against Andhra (December 20 in Coimbatore) and Delhi (December 27).
- Asia Cup 2023, Super 4: Kohli, Rahul, Kuldeep shine as India registers record win over Pakistan
- India vs Pakistan Reserve Day weather updates, Asia Cup Super 4: Play resumes after rain relents
- India vs Pakistan HIGHLIGHTS, Asia Cup Super 4 Reserve Day: IND beats PAK by 228 runs for record win; Kohli, Rahul, Kuldeep shine
- Why is Cristiano Ronaldo not playing in the Portugal vs Luxembourg EURO 2024 qualifier?
- ‘Maximum respect’ for Rubiales resignation: Spain coach De la Fuente