Diana Edulji has decided against accepting the Col. C.K.Nayudu Life Time Achievement Award, announced by the BCCI on Saturday. In a statement she said: "I have learnt that the BCCI awards committee (consisting of office bearers of the BCCI and Mr. N. Ram) has conferred the award on me. Neither me, nor any other member of the Hon’ble Supreme Court appointed Committee of Administrators were part of this awards committee.
"However, since I am a member of the Hon’ble Supreme Court appointed committee of administrators of the BCCI, I do not think it is appropriate for me to accept this honour at this juncture. I have discussed my decision with my family, friends and well wishers who wholeheartedly support my decision not to accept the award during my tenure as a member of the COA. In fact, I had made my decision very clear last year as well when my name was suggested for this honour. Nevertheless, I would like to thank the members of the BCCI awards committee for considering me worthy of this prestigious honour."
- Shreyanka Patil: My goal is to win the World Cup for India and an Olympic gold
- Honda’s Kavin Quintal clinches 10th position in 2023 ARRC finale
- AUS vs PAK: Warner and Smith are heroes in my mind, says Khawaja
- South Africa squads for India series: Bavuma rested for ODI, T20Is; Markram to lead
- Junior Hockey World Cup 2023: India aims for a winning start, faces Korea in opener