Australia batter Glenn Maxwell scored the fastest hundred in ODI World Cup history against the Netherlands at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in New Delhi on Wednesday.
Maxwell scored a 40-ball hundred, which is also the fourth fastest century in ODI cricket.
Maxwell hammered nine fours and eight maximum in his 44-ball stay in the middle. He got out in the last over to Logan van Beek for 106.
FOLLOW | AUSTRALIA VS NETHERLANDS LIVE ACTION
Earlier, South Africa’s Aiden Markram held the record for the fastest World Cup hundred, with a 49-ball century against Sri Lanka, at the same venue.
Fastest Centuries in ODI World Cup
Fastest ODI Centuries
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023-24 Playoffs, PKL 10 LIVE Score: DD 25-24 PP, Ashu’s Dabang Delhi leads Sachin’s Patna Pirates in Eliminator 1 before Gujarat Giants lock horns with Haryana Steelers
- East Bengal vs Chennaiyin FC LIVE score, EBFC 0-0 CFC, ISL 2023-24: All square at halftime but Chennai seems the stronger side
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- UP Warriorz vs Delhi Capitals Live Score, WPL 2024: UPW bank on Shweta Sehrawat, Deepti Sharma for final flourish
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Andhra Cricket Association to conduct enquiry into Vihari’s complaints regarding captaincy