Afghanistan’s historic win at the 2023 World Cup is the highest successful run chase recorded against Pakistan at the World Cup.
The team chased down a target with eight wickets in hand after restricting Pakistan to 282/7 in its 50 overs. This was also Afghanistan’s first ever ODI win over Pakistan after eight attempts.
The previous record was held by India when it overhauled a 274-run target with six wickets remaining and 26 balls to spare during the 2003 World Cup in South Africa.
Interestingly, only eight 200-plus scores have been chased down against Pakistan in the 48-year-long history of the quadrennial event.
Top five highest successful run-chases against Pakistan in World Cup cricket
- Messi again in spotlight ahead of first full MLS season
- Haaland ‘shuts mouths’ as Man City closes on Liverpool
- Alcaraz retires with ankle injury in first round of ATP Rio Open
- World team table tennis c’ships: India women beat Italy to qualify for Round of 16
- Morgan replaces injured Fishel on USWNT’s Gold Cup roster