India thrashed Sri Lanka by 302 runs in a league stage match at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Thursday to become the first team to qualify for the semifinals of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023.
The Men in Blue registered their seventh consecutive win in the tournament and topped the points table with 14 points, leapfrogging South Africa in the process.
Sri Lanka was bundled out for just 55 runs after India posted a mammoth 357 for eight in 50 overs. While it was Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli and Shreyas Iyer’s fifties that helped India register a match-winning score, the pace trio of Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj and Mohammed Shami did the job with the ball.
They picked nine wickets between them as Sri Lanka posted its lowest total in ODI World Cups and the fourth lowest total overall in the tournament’s history.
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan LIVE Score, OFC 0-0 MBSG, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku misses a big chance for Super Giant
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test Day 2: England spinners Bashir, Hartley pile pressure on India
- India vs England 4th Test Day 2 Highlights: IND 219/7, trails by 134; Jurel, Kuldeep at crease after ENG spinners dominate
- PKL 10: Jaipur Pink Panthers eyes title defence, with Pro Kabaddi League knockouts starting February 26
- BWF Para Badminton World Championships 2024: Bhagat, Yathiraj, Nagar reach finals