Netherlands’ pacer Ryan Klein has been ruled out from the 15-player squad due to a back injury, announced the International Cricket Council (ICC) on Thursday.
Klein will be replaced by Noah Croes in the team’s last World Cup match against India in Bengaluru on Sunday.
The alteration was approved by the tournament Event Technical Committee on Thursday.
Croes has played just one ODI for Netherlands, with his sole appearance coming in the World Cup qualifier final in July when the 23-year-old managed to score seven runs against Sri Lanka.
Klein has appeared just once in the ongoing tournament against New Zealand in Hyderabad when he went wicketless from seven overs.
While the Netherlands is out of contention of the World Cup semifinal, a victory against India will help them advance to the 2025 ICC Champions Trophy in Pakistan.
Netherlands squad: Scott Edwards (c), Max O’Dowd, Bas de Leede, Vikram Singh, Teja Nidamanuru, Paul van Meekeren, Colin Ackermann, Roelof van der Merwe, Logan van Beek, Aryan Dutt, Noah Croes, Wesley Barresi, Saqib Zulfiqar, Shariz Ahmad, Sybrand Engelbrecht.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 64/2, Crawley, Root rebuild after Ashwin’s double strike
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Warrier picks two after TN score 338; MUM on backfoot vs Baroda
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Ashwin overtakes Kumble for most wickets in Tests in India
- Japan, North Korea draw 0-0 in first leg of Olympic qualifier
- Abhay Singh wins Goodfellow Classic squash in Toronto