New Zealand captain Kane Williamson became the highest run-getter in ICC ODI World Cup history for his country during the league stage match against Pakistan at the M. Chinnaswamy stadium in Bengaluru on Saturday.
FOLLOW BLOG | NEW ZEALAND VS PAKISTAN LIVE ACTION
The 33-year-old achieved this feat in style as he pulled Hasan Ali’s short delivery in front of the square fielder for a four. Williamson surpassed veteran Stephen Fleming, who had scored 1075 runs in 33 innings and sits at the top of the highest run-getters for New Zealand with 1084 runs in 24 innings.
The 33-year-old missed out on scoring his third World Cup century after getting out of 95 in the 35th over off Iftikhar Ahmed.
Top five run-getters for New Zealand in ODI World Cups:
1084 - Kane Williamson in 24 innings
1075 - Stephen Fleming in 33 innings
1002 - Ross Taylor in 30 innings
995 - Martin Guptill in 27 innings
909 - Scott Styris in 22 innings
- Gujarat Giants vs Mumbai Indians Live Score, WPL 2024: Bryce removes Yastika early
- Chelsea vs Liverpool Carabao Cup 2023-24 final LIVE Score: CHE 0 - 0 LIV, EFL League Cup updates
- Kerala Blasters vs FC Goa highlights, KBFC 4-2 FCG, ISL 10: Diamantakos stars in Blasters’ comeback win against the Gaurs
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr LIVE score, Saudi Pro League: Cristiano Ronaldo, Mane start; SHB v NAS lineups; Kick-off at 10:30 PM IST
- Delhi Open Challenger: Local wildcard Karan Singh could shine, Benjamin Bonzi given the top seed