Australia fast bowler Mitchell Starc took a hattrick in the ODI World Cup warm-up match against Netherlands being played at Greenfield International Stadium in Thiruvananthapuram on Sunday.
Starc removed opener Max O’Dowd, Wesley Berresi, and Bas de Leede in three consecutive balls stretched across two overs.
The left-arm pacer who was bowling the first over of the second innings trapped O’Dowd in front on the fifth ball and then got Berresi bowled on the next delivery.
On the first ball of his next over, the ball crashed into Bas de Leede’s stumps for Starc to complete his hattrick.
Since this isn’t an official international match, so the hattrick won’t be recognised.
The Australia-Netherlands warm-up game had a delayed start due to rain and is an 23 overs per side match. Australia made 166/7 in the first innings.
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: Qatar unveils family of desert rodents as mascots for premier tournament in Asia
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE Streaming Info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch HFC vs MBSG, predicted lineups, preview and more
- IPL 2024 Auction: Full list of registered capped Indian players, base price
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronald’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr Highlights, HIL 3-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Savic, Mitrovic scores, Ronaldo’s goal ruled off side