Pakistan batsman Babar Azam, on Friday, warmed up for the World Cup with a hundred against Afghanistan in a warm-up match in Bristol. Azam reached the landmark with a single off Aftab Alam in the 43rd over.
Azam has been among the runs in the lead up to the tournament and even scored a century in the recently concluded ODI series against host England.
Azam struck two sixes and nine fours during a knock which helped Pakistan recover after it was reduced to three for 65. The right-hander added 103 for the fifth wicket with Shoaib Malik, who fell after a brisk knock of 44.
Azam has 2739 runs from 64 ODIs with 12 fifties and nine hundreds.
- Champions League 2023-24: Last-gasp Mbappe penalty earns PSG 1-1 draw with Newcastle
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Toss updates; Mumbai faces Pondicherry, TN vs Baroda; Bengal meets MP
- Champions League 2023-24: Manchester City claims top spot after recovering to beat Leipzig 3-2
- Champions League 2023-24: Barcelona beats Porto 2-1, returns to knockout stage
- IND A vs ENG A T20s: Future prospects in focus as India A women face England A