Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan had to sit out of the match against India owing to a niggle the all-rounder picked up during a previous ICC World Cup 2023 clash with New Zealand.
Shakib had sustained the injury to his left quadriceps, but that did not stop him from scoring a 51-ball 40 before valiantly completing his quota of 10 overs with the ball in hand. He even took the all-important wicket of Kiwi opener Devon Conway.
Check out: India vs Bangladesh LIVE score updates
He was often seen to be in discomfort while running, and later he even didn’t show up for the post-match presentation ceremony.
“Shakib is struggling a bit. We hope he recovers soon. He is an important player for us. Nasum is coming in for him,” stand-in skipper Najmul Hossain Shanto said at the toss.
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr LIVE updates, SHB 0-1 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo penalty keeps Nassr ahead
- Chelsea vs Liverpool Carabao Cup 2023-24 final Highlights: Van Dijk’s extra-time header makes Liverpool EFL League Cup champion
- Cristiano Ronaldo scores 750th goal in club football, widens lead over Lionel Messi
- Carabao Cup winners list: Full list teams who have won EFL League Cup after Liverpool beats Chelsea
- FIH Pro League 2023-24: India beats Ireland 4-0, ends Rourkela leg on a high