After leading India to two historic series victories Down Under, India skipper Virat Kohli wrapped up his Australian summer in “style” by meeting legendary tennis star Roger Federer at the Rod Laver Arena on Saturday.
Kohli, who donned the spectator’s hat alongside wife Anushka Sharma, watched defending champion Novak Djokovic beat Denis Shapovalov in the men’s singles third-round match and Serena Williams storm into the fourth round of women’s singles.
Kohli took to social media to post a picture of Federer, himself and Anushka.
“What a day at the Australian open. An amazing way to finish the Australian summer. Forever grateful #ausopen,” Kohii tweeted.
The official twitter handle of the Australian Open also tweeted a picture of the trio, who were all smiles captioning it as “three legends, one photo.”
Federer, who is the defending champion at the Australian Open, has already sealed a place in the last 16 of the competition with a win against American Taylor Fritz on Friday.
Kohli on Friday led India to a 2-1 over Australia, the side's first against the host in a bilateral ODI series Down Under.
India also became the first country to return from Australia without losing a single series, having won the Test series 2-1 and drawn the T20 Internationals 1-1.
- IND vs AUS Live Score Updates, 3rd T20: India 39/2 (5); Ishan Kishan falls for duck after Jaiswal goes early
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Punjab defeats Haryana to clinch title in thrilling penalty shootout
- Win at Dortmund was key for Bayern Munich improvement, says coach Tuchel
- IND VS AUS: Deepak Chahar replaces Mukesh Kumar in the squad for the 3rd T20I
- Real Madrid boss Ancelotti backs rival Xavi to turn around Barcelona dip