Australia fast bowler Sean Abbott has been ruled out of the first Test against India starting in Adelaide on Thursday due to a calf injury while all-rounder Moises Henriques has been added to the side.
Abbott will recuperate in Sydney and join the side ahead of the second Test in Melbourne starting on December 26. He was only likely to be used in the day-night Test if Mitchell Starc, who had been away from the team dealing with a family illness, was not considered match fit.
Abbott is the third confirmed casualty for the Australian side with batsmen David Warner and Will Pucovski both unavailable for the match.
All-rounder Cameron Green also gave the team a scare when he was struck on the head while bowling in an Australia ‘A’ game against India last week.
Henriques is just returning from a mild hamstring strain that kept him out of the Australia ‘A’ match after he returned to the national team in the limited-overs series against India.
- Medvedev begins Dubai title defense with win in first match since losing Australian Open final
- WPL 2024: Smriti, Renuka star; RCB Women beat Gujarat by eight wickets
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Vidarbha seals spot in semis after hara-kiri by Karnataka batters
- ISL 2023-24: FC Goa files complaint after Mumbai City analyst caught spying at training session
- Sportstar Sports Conclave — Focus Punjab: Day-long enriching sessions in store