Mohammad Shami wrapped up the England first innings in the morning session after dismissing Adil Rashid and Gareth Batty cheaply.
Parthiv Patel scored 42 and was involved in a 39-run second wicket partnership with Cheteshwar Pujara.
Pujara and Virat Kohli laid anchor for India with a 75-run partnership for third wicket.
Adil Rashid claimed two crucial wickets of Parthiv and Pujara to get his side back in the match.
Ben Stokes dismissed Kohli for 62, breaking the sixth wicket partnership for India.
In-form Ravichandran Ashwin helped India cross the 250-run mark.
- WPL 2024: All-round Mumbai Indians hands Royal Challengers Bangalore second consecutive loss
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 semifinals: Madhya Pradesh’s pace battery skittles Vidarbha for 170 on Day 1
- Premier League 2023-24: Darwin Nunez stoppage time winner helps Liverpool edge Forest, extends lead over City in table
- IPL 2024: James Franklin likely to replace Steyn as SRH bowling coach
- FIFA completely opposed to ‘blue cards’, chief Infantino says