The India-Pakistan rivalry resumed with another chapter during the Asia Cup 2022 tournament in Dubai on Sunday.
India and Pakistan met for their 201st meeting in international cricket across formats. Pakistan leads the head-to-head count with 87 wins while India has now won 72 matches and drawn 38.
The Asia Cup too has witnessed some of the best contests between the sides over the course of 15 editions since 1984. Here is a look at the India-Pakistan records in Asia Cup history.
India vs Pakistan in Asia Cup overall record
India and Pakistan first met in the Asia Cup during the inaugural edition in 1984 in Sharjah. India won the match by 54 runs and also clinched the title. Pakistan’s first win over India came in the 1995 edition where it recorded a 97-run win, again in Sharjah.
India’s record in recent years holds in good stead over Pakistan, having won five of their last six Asia Cup encounters.
IND vs PAK in Asia Cup record: Matches Played - 15; India won - 9; Pakistan won - 5; NR - 1
- ⦿ Highest team total (India) vs Pakistan: 330/4, 2012
- ⦿ Highest team total (Pakistan) vs India: 329/6, 2012
- ⦿ Lowest team total (India) vs Pakistan: 169 all out, 1995
- ⦿ Lowest team total (Pakistan) vs India: 83 all out, 2016 - T20I
Most runs in India vs Pakistan matches in Asia Cup
- ⦿ Shoaib Mailk (Pakistan) - 432 runs in six innings (HS: 143, 100s: 2, 50s: 1)
- ⦿ Rohit Sharma (India) - 379 runs in nine innings (HS: 111*, 100s: 1, 50s: 4)
- ⦿ Virat Kohli (India) - 290 runs in five innings (HS: 183*, 100s: 1)
- ⦿ Younus Khan (Pakistan) - 238 runs in four innings (HS: 123*, 100s: 1, 50s: 2)
Most wickets in India vs Pakistan matches in Asia Cup
- ⦿ Saeed Ajmal (Pakistan) - 8 wickets in four innings (BBI: 3/40)
- ⦿ Anil Kumble (India) - 7 wickets in three innings (BBI: 3/43)
- ⦿ Abdul Razzaq (Pakistan) - 6 wickets in three innings (BBI: 4/29)