Indian skipper Virat Kohli was rested for the third and final T20I against host South Africa at Newlands Stadium in Cape Town, owing to a stiff back. Rohit Sharma will lead the side as the as the stand-in captain for the series deciding T20I.
“Virat has a stiff back and he needs some rest. It has been a long season for him and unfortunately he misses out but gives someone else a chance to step up. A few changes - Dinesh in place of Virat, Axar Patel in place of Yuzvendra Chahal and Jasprit Bumrah comes in place of Jaydev Unadkat.
"Looks like there is a fair bit of grass, dry though, there'll be a bit of carry and that's the reason we are playing with four seamers. But as JP (Duminy) said it isn't going to change a lot and should be a good forty overs. Good to have the last game as a decider for the spectators,” said Rohit during the toss.
Meanwhile, South Africa skipper J.P. Duminy won the toss and elected to bowl first, as the side has a couple of changes in the form of Christiaan Jonker and Aaron Phangiso, who come in for JJ Smuts and Dane Patterson.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Natarajan picks four wickets for TN vs Baroda; Saurashtra collapses vs Odisha
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.