IND vs WI: Vizag replaces Indore as venue for second ODI

After the two-Test series, India and West Indies are scheduled to play five One-day Internationals.

The second one-dayer on Oct 24 was earlier scheduled to be held in Indore.   -  AP

Visakhapatnam will host the second one-dayer between India and the West Indies, the BCCI said on Wednesday, after a dispute over distribution of complimentary passes moved the Oct. 24 game out of Indore.

The Holkar Stadium in Indore, which was scheduled to host the match, lost out due to a dispute between the Indian board and the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association over the distribution of complimentary passes.

“The second Paytm ODI to be played between India and Windies will now be held at Visakhapatnam’s Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium,” the BCCI said in a press release.

As per the new BCCI constitution, 90% tickets of the total capacity of the stadium must be put on public sale, which effectively leaves 10% of complimentary tickets left with State units.

In this case, the Holkar Stadium has capacity to accommodate 27,000 fans and MPCA was left with 2700 complimentary tickets. The BCCI also demands its share of free passes.

For more updates, follow Sportstar on :