Karnataka and Tamil Nadu have been drawn in the same group for the Ranji Trophy’s next edition, set to be played from January 5 to March 14 next year.
The detailed tournament schedule for domestic cricket was shared with all the state associations on Saturday evening by Abey Kuruvilla, the BCCI’s General Manager - Game Development.
The programme, accessed by Sportstar, has explained that the groupings for all the senior tournaments are based on performance in the last season’s respective tournaments.
As a result, Karnataka, the last season’s semifinalist, and Tamil Nadu are placed in Group D along with Punjab, Railways, Goa, Gujarat, Tripura and Chandigarh.
Defending champion Saurashtra and Maharashtra are again drawn in the same group, Group A, while Mumbai will be in a challenging Group B along with Bengal, Andhra, Kerala, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Assam and Bihar.
Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy
Vijay Hazare Trophy
- IND vs NZ Highlights, ICC World Cup 2023 Semifinal: Kohli, Shreyas hundreds, Shami 7/57 help India to 70-run win vs New Zealand
- ODI World Cup 2023: Stop talking about pitch change, it was for both teams, says Gavaskar after India vs New Zealand semifinal
- FIFA 2026 World Cup AFC qualifiers all you need to know: When, where to watch India vs Kuwait; full schedule
- Babar Azam steps down as Pakistan captain in all three formats
- Best ODI bowling figures for India: Shami goes top with 7/57 vs NZ, overtakes Binny