Former Indian captain Kris Srikkanth feels Test skipper Virat Kohli will turn out to be one of the best leaders ever for the cricket team, given his “adaptability skills”.
“Adaptability skills which Virat has are fantastic. You see Virat Kohli’s game approach, he adapts beautifully in all the three formats. As a cricketer if you want to be a complete cricketer, you need adaptability skills and that is what cricket teaches you,” Srikkanth said at a programme organised by Right Management last evening.
The former chairman of selectors also appreciated Kohli for his “never give up attitude”.
“He does not give up and fights from the front. That is Virat’s style.”
Srikkanth, a member of the 1983 World Cup winning squad, also looked back at the glorious days and praised Kapil Dev’s leadership.
“Kapil Dev was different, (Sunil) Gavaskar’s approach as a captain, was first perfection and then go for a win, but Kapil Dev’s approach was different, both (were) positive,” he said.
“He was one guy whose attitude was, who are these West Indians, who are these fast bowlers, who are these guys... and that attitude helped us win the World Cup in 1983,” he said.
“If one man was responsible for winning the 1983 World Cup it was Kapil Dev, he led from the front,” he added.
Latest on Sportstar
- Nuggets vs Heat Live Score, Game 3: DEN 78-62 MIA; Denver dominates in third quarter - NBA Finals updates
- When can Messi play his first match for Inter Miami?
- NBA Finals: Miami Heat vs Denver Nuggets, Game 2 Box Score
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 3?
- French Open 2023: Haddad Maia upsets Jabeur, reaches semifinals