Former captains including Sachin Tendulkar, Sunil Gavaskar, M.S. Dhoni and Kapil Dev were today felicitated by the BCCI before the start of India’s 500th Test here today.
On the occasion, Uttar Pradesh Governor presented mementos and shawl to former captains before the start of the first Test between India and New Zealand.
Besides Tendulkar, Gavaskar, Dhoni and Kapil, the other former India Test captains who were honoured were Ajit Wadekar, Ravi Shastri, Dilip Vengsarkar, Sourav Ganguly, Anil Kumble, K Srikkanth and Mohammad Azharuddin. Current captain Virat Kohli too was honoured.
IPL chief Rajeev Shukla and BCCI president Anurag Thakur were part of the function.
A dinner was organised on Wednesday night in the honour of captains and it was also attended by the Indian team.
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Warriorz win toss and chose to bowl first; eyes on Mandhana, Healy
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan Highlights, OFC 0-0 MBSG, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku and Mauricio miss chances for both sides leaving it all square
- Bowl stump to stump: MP’s Anubhav shines with the ball against Andhra after following coach Pandit’s advice
- Ranji Trophy 2024 Quarterfinal: Musheer Khan hits maiden double century, puts Mumbai in command against Baroda
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Mhambrey surprised with variable bounce as India left tottering after second day