A cricket ground in Louisville, Kentucky USA — known as the home town of the celebrated professional boxer and sports icon, Mohammad Ali — is to be named after India’s legendary opening batsman, Sunil Gavaskar .
Jai Bokey, the club captain who moved residence from Mumbai to Louisville in 2001, said that the city authorities will make the official announcement soon and that the naming of the ground will happen in two weeks.
The Louisville Cricket Club has organised an evening with Gavaskar at the Muhammad Ali Center on Sunday, October 15. Attendees will have to pay $300 each, with no additional costs for spouse and guests, for entertainment and dinner.
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: Argentina beats Brazil 1-0 to go top of table after crowd violence delays start
- Brazil 0-1 Argentina Highlights, FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: Otamendi’s goal leads Argentina to win; Joelinton sees red card
- Brawling fans in stands delay start of Argentina-Brazil World Cup qualifying match for 27 minutes
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: Why is Brazil vs Argentina kick-off delayed?
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: India coach Igor Stimac rues missed opportunities after loss to ‘out of league’ Qatar