India skipper Virat Kohli, who was rested for the T20I series against Bangladesh, is back with the squad for the two-match Test series against the same opposition, starting in Indore on Thursday.
Kohli, who was spotted participating in multiple drills, also got a feel of the pink ball in the nets, which would be used at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata — India's first ever day-night Test match on November 22.
Later, the 31-year-old was also seen having an extended conversation with head coach Ravi Shastri and selector Sarandeep Singh.
The star batsman, who retained the top spot in the latest ICC ODI batting rankings on Tuesday, was away holidaying with wife Anushka Sharma in Bhutan during his break.
In his absence, Rohit Sharma led India to a 2-1 series win over Bangladesh in the T20I series.
- DC-W vs GG-W live score, WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants 41/3 (6); Jonassen removes Mooney, Litchfield in one over
- Indian Sports News Wrap: March 3
- Manchester derby LIVE: Man City vs Man United, MCI 0-1 MUN Premier League; Rashford scores brilliant opening goal, Foden misses big chance
- Prague Masters 2024: Praggnanandhaa checkmates Gujrathi, Gukesh falters against Navara
- Olympic Boxing Qualifier 2024: Deepak Bhoria goes down fighting on opening day; Narender Berwal also loses