India and Australia were wearing black armbands for the World Test Championship final to pay respect to the lives lost in the Odisha train collision last week.
The players also observed a moment of silence in memory of the victims before the national anthems.
“The team mourns the deaths and offers its deepest condolences to the families and friends of all those who tragically lost their lives,” the BCCI said in a statement.
Three trains - two passenger and one freight - collided in the Indian state of Odisha last week which left 260 dead and more than 1,000 injured.
- Spain celebrates Women’s World Cup win at home with Carmona mourning
- Man City reaches agreement to sign Jeremy Doku, finds replacement for Riyad Mahrez
- Simona Halep dropped from U.S. Open field with doping suspension
- Arsenal hangs on to beat Crystal Palace 1-0 after Odegaard’s penalty
- Spanish League: Sevilla loses to Alaves, suffers second straight defeat