Imran Tahir said he had a "clear plan" going into this game after Chennai Super Kings' match against Kolkata Knight Riders in Chennai.
The leg-spinner, who scalped four wickets in a match-winning performance, said, "I bowl according to the captain. Dhoni is an absolute legend and has been helping me a lot this season. He comes and tells me what I need to do. where I need to bowl, and in which area the batsman is looking to hit. I have been working with him and with CSK and it's an absolute honour."
Tahir added, "We have have been working hard in practice, we respect each other and enjoy each other's success."
On dismissing Andre Russell, Tahir said, "I could have bowled two more dot balls to him but I wanted to challenge and get him out."
KKR coach Jacques Kallis said, "We controlled the game well for 16 overs, then four overs of really poor batting cost us. We are playing well in patches, not over full 40 overs and that's frustrating. We have to turn it around."
He said Russell's fitness was not a concern.
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronald’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr Highlights, HIL 3-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Savic, Mitrovic scores, Ronaldo’s goal ruled off side
- Aston Villa makes official complaint to UEFA after Legia Warsaw violence
- India Women’s squads for Tests, England T20Is announced: Saika Ishaque, Shubha Satheesh get maiden call-ups
- SA vs IND: Sai Sudharsan ‘lost for words’ after maiden India call-up for South Africa ODIs