Mahendra Singh Dhoni has opted to sit out the match against Sunrisers Hyderabad because of back spasm, with Suresh Raina leading the Chennai Super Kings on Wednesday.
Raina won the toss and opted to bat with Chennai opting for two changes. Karn Sharma replaced Mitch Santner and Sam Billings came in place of Dhoni.
FOLLOW| IPL 2019, SRH vs CSK Live Score
Dhoni, who will be missing only his fourth game for CSK, was seen playing football before the toss. Chennai has won two and lost one match in Dhoni's absence.
"Dhoni wanted to take some rest, he'll be back in the next game," stand-in skipper Raina said at the toss.
IPL 2019: Full coverage
Both teams are meeting for the first time after the 2018 IPL final and Hyderabad would hope for redemption. Meanwhile, Chennai is currently leading the table with 14 points after seven wins and one loss.
- Kolkata Derby: 100 years of passion, perseverance and emotion
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan LIVE streaming info: When and where to watch AFC Cup match?
- With Ashwin, lack of game time is not much of concern: Rohit
- AFC Champions League: Mumbai City FC loses 0-2 to Nassaji Mazandaran of Iran
- Davis Cup: Post retirement, Rohan Bopanna ready to sit on captain’s chair