India international and Karnataka batsman Manish Pandey was lapped up by Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) for a jaw-dropping Rs. 11 crore. Pandey had earlier played for a host of teams which includes two-time IPL champion Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), now defunct Pune Warriors India, three-time champion Mumbai Indians (MI) and Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) in the previous editions.
Pandey shot to fame when he became the first Indian batsman to score a hundred in the IPL — an unbeaten 114 off 73 deliveries, propelling RCB into the semifinals. The 28-year-old has 2215 runs at 120.12 from 103 matches.
Pandey amassed 401 runs at a strike-rate of 117.94, including two fifties in the 2014 season — the year KKR lifted the IPL trophy for the second time.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Tamil Nadu collapses against Baroda; Bengal solid vs MP
- Champions League 2023-24: Newcastle boss Howe rues penalty decision in PSG draw
- Champions League 2023-24: Haaland becomes fastest to 40 UCL goals as manager Guardiola praises ‘fantastic player’
- Extension on cards, BCCI wants Dravid to coach team in South Africa
- Asian Champions League 2023-24: Al-Hilal overcomes Al-Dawsari’s penalty woes to progress in last 16