The inaugural Indian Premier League (IPL) champion Rajasthan Royals (RR) will take on the three-time finalist Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in match 16 of the 2021 IPL at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Thursday.
HEAD-TO-HEAD: (23 MATCHES - RCB 10 | RR 10 | NR 3)
Rajasthan has faced off against Bangalore 23 times in the IPL since 2008, holding a 10-10 win-loss record while there are three no results as well. RR wasn't part of the tournament in 2016 and 2017.
In the last five encounters between the two sides, the Royals and the Royal Challengers are evenly poised, winning two times each and one match ending in a no result. RCB won both the games against RR last season.
During match 15 of IPL 2020 in Abu Dhabi, Yuzvendra Chahal (3/24), Devdutt Padikkal (63 off 45), and Virat Kohli (72* off 53) helped Bangalore chase 155 successfully against Rajasthan and win the match with eight wickets and five balls in hand.
During the reverse fixture in Dubai, a 22-ball 55 from AB de Villiers overpowered Steve Smith's 57 runs off 36 balls as RCB (179/3) defeated RR (177/6) by seven wickets with just two balls remaining. Chris Morris ended the game with figures of 4/26, which helped the Royal Challengers restrict the Royals to a sub par total after a quickfire start.
TOP PERFORMERS IN THIS FIXTURE (2008-15, 2018-20):
STARS FROM LAST SEASON (IPL 2020):
Latest on Sportstar
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best
- Champion Napoli ends season with 2-0 win over bottom side Sampdoria
- Benzema scores on farewell but Real held at home by Bilbao
- RMA 1-1 ATH; La Liga Highlights: Benzema goal helps Real Madrid secure draw against Athletic Bilbao
- Saudi Arabia’s Al Ittihad to sign Benzema on two-year deal - Saudi state media